Re: Linux 2.6.0-test 3 released!

On 10 Aug 2003, Rthoreau wrote:
> Just thought I would pass the good news to those few brave souls who
> are testing the new kernel.  Seems a lot of bugs are fixed, you can
> find the sourse at the normal sources.  Also slashdot.org has a good
> thread going.
>
> Also on a side note tell us how your testing of the new kernel is
> getting on, I would like to hear a little more than , its faster I
> would like to get some fine details.
>
> Rthoreau

See my earlier post on this theme: lpr via magicfilter will only print
plain text files; other types produce an error. This still occurs with
test 3.

I don't notice any improvements over 4.2.21 so I've reverted to that at
least for the present.

AC

--
ac@acampbell.org.uk    ||  http://www.acampbell.org.uk
using Linux GNU/Debian ||  for book reviews, electronic