Name resolution on a dual homed host

Hello,

I've got a Debian woody box acting as firewall for a small home network.  It
has two ethernet cards with the internal network one being static and the
external one configured by DHCP.  I use a cable modem for internet
connectivity.  I'd like the Debian box to use the dns server it's running
for name resolution but every time eth1 reconnects to comcast.net it
overwrites /etc/resolv.conf with the standard nameserver addresses plus a
search domain (attbi.com).  I though about changing the permissions on
resolv.conf or adding a post-up script to eth1 but I was wondering if there
was a right way to do this.  Its not a big deal but it bugs me.

Thanks for any help, thoughts, or pointers.

John Purser