Re: Lilo Problems

* Paul Johnson (baloo@ursine.ca) [030806 02:48]:
> On Wed, Aug 06, 2003 at 12:23:24AM -0700, Jefferson Cowart wrote:
> > Please CC me on any responses as I'm not subscribed to this list.
>
> http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/usenet/mail-responses.html
> Either set Mail-Followup-To: yourself or don't request it.

Each time I see this type of admonition I always wonder why you think
it's easier to hit 'L' and type up a lecture than just to hit 'g' and
give the poster the answer to his question in a way that he might
actually see it.  If you don't want him to get your answer, why did you
bother writing it at all?

Sure, it's fine if hitting L is your habit, and sometimes you just hit
it by force of habit and someone who wants a reply doesn't get one.  But
in this case, you clearly read and understood his request.  It's not
even a matter of inconvenience; I'm sure it's a lot more convenient to
just hit 'g' than to write up the 2 lines of lecture.  I guess I just
don't understand why you'd bother replying at all, since helping the OP
was clearly not your intention.  I think the word for this kind of
posting is "trolling"  (... and I just fed the troll -- d'oh!)

good times,
Vineet
--
http://www.doorstop.net/