Re: let's remove fortran from my system

Thus spake Dan Jacobson:
>   # apt-cache show pdl
> looks threatening to the system. Ok, better quit while I'm ahead.

You can likely do without it.  It's used mainly for very numerically
intensive things... I believe the gimp-perl package depends on it, for
instance.  But, if nothing is depending upon it, you can safely remove
it.  I don't have it installed on several of my machines, I believe.

--
Nathan Poznick <poznick@conwaycorp.net>

"A computer is like an Old Testament god, with a lot of rules and no
mercy." - Joseph Campbell