let's remove fortran from my system

I never use fortran, so
  # apt-cache show libg2c0
  # apt-get --purge  remove libg2c0
  The following packages will be REMOVED:
    atlas2-3dnow* libg2c0* pdl* r-base* r-base-core* r-base-html* r-base-latex*
  After unpacking 56.1MB disk space will be freed.
  Do you want to continue? [Y/n] n
Uh oh doesn't look that simple.  I don't recall using the R language
either... But removing pdl,
  # apt-cache show pdl
looks threatening to the system. Ok, better quit while I'm ahead.