Re: Lockup

On Fri, Aug 08, 2003 at 09:28:46PM -0400, Carl Fink wrote:
> On Sat, Aug 09, 2003 at 01:34:03AM +0100, Antony Gelberg wrote:
>
> > When in X, we're getting random lockups.  I can't even Ctrl-Alt-F1 to
> > get to a console and see what's hanging.  Any ideas about how I could
> > debug this?  The only thing I seem to be able to do is press the reset
> > button.  :(
>
> The most obvious thing to do is check the logs.

You'd think so.  Nothing that I could find in /var/log/syslog.  We've
gone back to an earlier kernel config that seemed much more stable.  The
major change was no i810 (sound) support.

I'm going to build that (and only that) into the kernel and see if it
works then.

The only other changes related to usb - compiling modules instead of into
the kernel, but I don't see how this would cause a problem.