Re: [OT]: CVS replacement

On Friday 08 August 2003 7:53 am, Dave Carrigan wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 08, 2003 at 07:38:55AM -0600, Wesley J Landaker wrote:
> > I have always had really great luck with subversion. It has
> > customizable transports, and comes built in with support for
> > working over http, which is wonderful for distributed projects. It
> > even has a cvs repository converter that will save all your
> > history. =)
>
> Not all your history, sadly. Branches and tags are lost. However, I
> do use subversion, and like it.

That's true. Also if you have commits that took many minutes to
complete, sometimes they'll get broken up into more than one
transaction. There can be quite a few other quirks. It's not perfect.
;)

Oh the other hand, the cvs2svn script has been getting quite better
recently. There have been lots of improvements even just from 0.25 to
0.26. I don't know when or if supprt for converting branches or tags is
slated to be included, though. =)

--
Wesley J. Landaker - wjl@icecavern.net