Re: vnc not starting correct session

On -1780-Thu, Aug 07, 2003 at 04:38:42AM -0700, Paul Johnson <baloo@ursine.ca> spake thus,

> On Wed, Aug 06, 2003 at 11:12:25PM -0400, stan wrote:
> > I run gdm on the boxes, and my normal user id starts up Gnome. Yet when I
> > run vncserver on one of these machines, and use vncviewer to access the
> > other, I get a initial KDE session setup screen. Logical since I've never
> > set up KDE on these machines. But how can I get the vnc session to a a
> > gnome session?
>
> Set your preference of WM or DE in ~/.xsession

I know that in this RedHat dist of VNC, the vncserver will run
~/.vnc/xstartup to get the session initialized. Just throw an "exec
<whatever>" in there like in your .xinitrc or .Xsession or .Xclients
or whatever. I had the same issue where my local login runs blackbox
but my VNC session would start up with Gnome.

--
Aaron Bieber
-