Re: non gnomified emacs

On Friday 08 August 2003 05:46, Rodney D. Myers wrote:
> Is there a "recent" version of emacs that is not gnomified with all
> of the bells & whistles?
>
> The version loaded with sarge has new keystrokes for doing things,
> and has become annoying (IMHO).

From my .emacs:

(menu-bar-mode 1)
;; This turns off the GUI menus in X.  You can toggle this at any point
;; with M-x menu-bar-mode.  If you're new to emacs, you might want to
;; disable this. (Or would that be reenable it?)  In my case, though, an
;; extra line of emacs real estate never hurts. :)

(tool-bar-mode 0)
;; This turns off the Icon-bar under X

(setq visible-bell t)
;; flash instead of that annoying bell

That should keep things at a bearable level...

joerg

--
Gib GATES keine Chance!