Re: Boot up kernel selection screen blank

Siward wrote:

Hi "Scott",

you wrote :
I use the windows bootloader at startup which then points to lilo.
now when i reboot and select linux, I get a blank screen.

windows bootloader would be first suspect here,
it is not supportable because it is manufactured by windows,
so first thing to do is set lilo up as bootloader
   and let it give you choice to run windows or linux.

hope this helps,

Siward

A) Windows is manufactured by Microsoft.

B) You can use the Windows NT bootloader to load LILO. I have not tried it with XP, but I have gotten it to work with 2000. See the Linux-NT Loader howto.

--
Mike Nuss