Re: Package installation for users?

 Hi Oliver,

 you wrote :

> As it seems, if I'm not root (which I'm not :-),
>   I'm still stuck with getting the source package
>     (and possibly its dependencies)
>    and compiling that myself.

 for a simple app
 whose dependencies are already in standard places on system,
 you can just grab binary from debian packages,  i think.

> Is anyone else missing that feature (if it is missing)?
  i heard it mention before, on some debian list,
    but dont know where.
  maybe searching mailinglist archives will find it.
  iirc then not everybody considered it to be a feature.

 hope this helps,

 Siward