Re: Challenge-response mail filters considered harmful (was Re: Look

> From csousa@tvtel.pt Thu Aug  7 09:33:53 2003
>

> On Thu, 07 Aug 2003 08:10:30 -0500 John Hasler wrote:
> > Carlos Sousa writes:
> > > Do you also have an account at my service provider? Or is it that
> > > you're just incapable of setting up your mail system to show the
> > > real origin of your emails? Anyway, you're incurring in mail
> > > forgery.
> >
> > No he isn't.  His "From:" line reads "From: alanc".  As it contains no
> > domain your service provider's MTA adds its own.  He's still doing
> > something stupid, but it isn't forgery.
>
> Yes, I was aware of that. It's still forgery, though, in the sense that,
> through his ignorance, he is causing his email to appear to others as
> coming from non-existent addresses, in spite of having already been
> warned about it several times since the start of this discussion.
>
> --
> Carlos Sousa
> http://vbc.dyndns.org/

The problem has been fixed since yesterday, which makes this post of yours
libelous. Which is the greater crime? An inadvertantly misconfigured MUA
or libel?

And pray tell just who are you to warn anyone about anything?

Hot air doesn't bother ME at all.

Alan

--
      For Linux/Bash users: Eliminate spam with the Mailbox-Sentry-Program.
         See: http://tinyurl.com/inpd  for the scripts and docs.