Re: Newbie Modem Q

On Thu, Aug 07, 2003 at 06:37:27AM -0700, Bruce Banner wrote:

> Is it correct that internal modems won't work with Debian?

That is the first word I hear about that and it is not true.

> In that case, I'll need to get an external modem.

I prefer an external modem anyhow.

> Is there any particular type of modem that I need to get?

I have never used a usb-modem.  I have a Zoltrix serial modem which
works OK.  I have in the past also had a good experience with a
Duxbury modem.

Regards
Johann
--
Johann Spies          Telefoon: 021-808 4036

     "If ye be reproached for the name of Christ, happy are
      ye; for the spirit of glory and of God resteth upon
      you; on their part He is spoken evil of, but on your
      part He is glorified."                 I Peter 4:14