Re: ssh is slow

 --- David List <david@davidlist.dk> escribió:
> Wheen ssh'ing to and from my Debian 3.0r1, ssh acts dead slow when
> connecting, even when all keys are installed and no passwords are used.
>
> Could this be solved in some way?
>
> Best regards,
> David List

If it is only slow while negotiating the connection, it is because it is
trying to look up the host via /etc/hosts and then DNS (a friend of mine
pointed
this out to me).  All I needed to do was edit the /etc/hosts file on the three
machines on my private subnet, and viola.  Everything works great now and the
negotiation is nearly instantaneous.

-Roberto

Yahoo! Messenger - Nueva versión GRATIS
http://messenger.yahoo.es