How can I get VNC to start a Gnome session?

I'm trying to set up vnc so that I can access my Debian boxes remotely.

I've figured out that when I start the vncserver script, it uses
/etc/X11/Xsession to control the "session" it starts.

Problem is that seems to eb a KDE session. Even thoguh I use Gnome. How can
I convince this mechanisim to start a Gnome session?

I've looked at this mechanism, but I don't understand what file(s) to edit
to adjust this behavior.

neither liberty nor safety."
						-- Benjamin Franklin