Re: charset in debian mutt

On Wed, Aug 06, 2003 at 11:35:18AM -0500, Cheryl Homiak wrote:
> Ok, I looked carefully at the appropriate debian readme; I made sure my
> locales were set (used debconf-reconfigure locales),

No, you would have used 'dpkg-reconfigure locales'.  What locales did you
instruct it to build?  Did you then check to make sure that they were, in
fact, built?

> put the appropriate export line in my ~/.bashrc.

If it's so appropriate, then what is it?

> But mutt still says it's using 7-bit US aSCII instead of iso8859-1.

No it's not.  Mutt doesn't "say" anything of the sort.  You might be seeing
that in the mail headers for a message, which is certainly not in any way
controlled by mutt.

> Oh yes,  and I did log in again after changing my .bashrc.So what am I
> missing?  thanks.

An accurate description of the problem and the steps you've taken to try
and solve it.

--
 Marc Wilson |     Life is divided into the horrible and the miserable.
 msw@cox.net |     -- Woody Allen, "Annie Hall"