Re: Source Builds

David Z Maze wrote:
Tom Allison <tallison@tacocat.net> writes:

Is there a link that describes how to go about building packages from
the deb-src files and how I might identify packages for source build

Modify the source as you feel appropriate, add a new entry to the top
of debian/changelog, and run 'debuild' out of the devscripts package.
Read documentation on http://www.debian.org/devel/.

Maybe I should ask a more primitive question.

What is 'deb-src' for?

I thought it was to provide the source code of a deb package and allow the end user to subsequently build a CPU specific or slightly modified (configuration parameters) .deb file for installation onto their own Debian installation.

"His eyes were cold.  As cold as the bitter winter snow that was falling
outside.  Yes, cold and therefore difficult to chew..."