Re: Source Builds

David Z Maze wrote:
Tom Allison <tallison@tacocat.net> writes:

Is there a link that describes how to go about building packages from
the deb-src files and how I might identify packages for source build
only?

Modify the source as you feel appropriate, add a new entry to the top
of debian/changelog, and run 'debuild' out of the devscripts package.
Read documentation on http://www.debian.org/devel/.

Maybe I should ask a more primitive question.

What is 'deb-src' for?

I thought it was to provide the source code of a deb package and allow the end user to subsequently build a CPU specific or slightly modified (configuration parameters) .deb file for installation onto their own Debian installation.

--
"His eyes were cold.  As cold as the bitter winter snow that was falling
outside.  Yes, cold and therefore difficult to chew..."