Re: [OT] deleting dot files on remote server with ftp

On Thu, Aug 07, 2003 at 12:09:07AM +0100, Tim wrote:

| rmdir -f and rm -f both fail.  If I delete the offending file, a new one
| takes its place, named (eg) .nfs90301.
|
| Any suggestions?

Find out what is creating the file, and solve the real issue.

I know it is related to NFS and locking or temp files or some such.
There is (probably) a process running on either the remote server or
an NFS client of the remote server that keeps creating the temporary
files.  The solution is to stop that process from (re)creating the
files.

-D

--
Microsoft: "Windows NT 4.0 now has the same user-interface as Windows 95"
    Windows 95: "Press CTRL-ALT-DEL to reboot"

http://dman13.dyndns.org/~dman/