Re: apt-proxy

On Tue, Aug 05, 2003 at 11:08:56PM +0200, Frank Langanke wrote:
> This works for apt-get, how do I enable such a login-procedure for
> apt-proxy ? I tried to set the http_proxy and ftp_proxy variables like
> ftp_proxy=ftp://firewall_user:firewall_passwd@firewall.company.de/, but
> with no success.

apt-proxy just uses wget for http/ftp, so if it works with wget it should
work with apt-proxy.  You need to place the http_proxy line at the bottom of
apt-proxy.conf, as shown in the example distributed with the package:

#       HTTP/FTP proxy:  apt-proxy uses wget to retreive files.  Wget uses
#       the http_proxy and ftp_proxy environment variables, which can be set
#       like this:
#export http_proxy=http://proxy:8080/
#export ftp_proxy=http://proxy:8080/

Chris