Re: anybody successfully installed msttcorefonts ???

On Tue, 5 Aug 2003 20:55:17 -0500, "Michael D. Schleif"
<mds@helices.org> wrote:

> There appear to be other sources for these fonts; and, I might get
> them manually, if I understand what this package would do with them,
> and where it would place them.
>
> How can I make this package look elsewhere?
>
> What do you think?

I have had the same problem. The corefonts website, at
http://corefonts.sourceforge.net have a link of where you can download
the corefonts in their Microsoft cab format (exe.) If you download each
font manually, put them in a directory by themselves and then tell the
msttcorefonts package the local location directly (during debconf,) you
can successfully install the package.

Kind of annoying, but it works.

--
Scott Christopher Linnenbringer	    <sl@eskimo.com>