mondo backup: is there someone successful ?

That Linux Journal article is a little old: refers to
mondo 1.13 and stable is 1.66. I use 1.62. Both
mondorestore and mondoarchive work. Archive has a
fluke on my Debian Testing system: the CD that is
created has not got vi so you have to use pico on the
2nd vc to edit files which he ignores on the primary
vc. Other than that it does things well. I would love
to create a bootable CD with midnight commander but so
far no success.

What are the errors you are getting?

Hugo Vanwoerkom