Re: Challenge-response mail filters considered harmful

At 2003-08-05T15:45:18Z, Steve Lamb <grey@dmiyu.org> writes:

> Anyone else find it mildly ironic that Alan here bitches about mangled
> headers and then goes on to mangle his own.  So much so that his C-R
> system would *FAIL* if he ever encountered it in the wild?

From WordNet (r) 1.7 [wn]:

  irony
       [...]
       2: incongruity between what might be expected and what actually
          occurs: "the irony of Ireland's copying the nation she most hated"

"Irony" would imply that the reality is unexpected.  So, no, I wouldn't
consider Alan's header mangling to be ironic at all.  I think you were
looking for:

From WordNet (r) 1.7 [wn]:

  hypocritical
       adj : professing feelings or virtues one does not have

--
Kirk Strauser