Re: Setting Gnome preferences system wide

On Mon, 2003-08-04 at 19:31, Mark C wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Sorry if this has already been asked before, but after some net
> searching, I'm still slightly stuck on the answer.
>
> I'm build a Debian Gnome desktop for a small local company, and wish to
> set a few things up as default in Gnome-2.2.2 for every user, this way I
> can deploy the same image on every pc (as they are all the same,
> hardware wise), basically set a user default customised theme, edit a
> few gconf settings, like mailto to open in evolution etc..
>
> This I can do no problem on a per user basis, but I would like to
> somehow set it system wide, so everytime I create a new user, they get
> all the defaults that I have set when they log into gnome.
>
> Cheers
>
> Mark

The Gnome Desktop System Administrators Guide is a very helpful tool:
http://www.gnome.org/learn/admin-guide/2.2/

Also in general for G22:

http://www.gnome.org/start/2.2/

Hope this helps!

--
greg, greg@gregfolkert.net

Your cleverness ferments meat without the need of oxygen.