Re: mail gathering

Kirk Strauser <kirk@strauser.com> writes:
> At 2003-08-04T22:54:34Z, "vinz" <vince@webonline.co.za> writes:
>
>> fetchmail only allows me to download mail to root but i want to put
> the
>> mail into my pop3 account how do i go about doing this and what
> program
>> can i use ?
>
> Run fetchmail as you?

If I understand the Powermail stuff he may not have an account on his
server.

Vinz, take a look at the "--smtpname" option of fetchmail. You can
also do the same in a fetchmail configuration file. Look at the man
page for fetchmail and the "CONFIGURATION EXAMPLES" where they specify
separate user IDs for the remote system (pop3 server) and the local
machine.

Gary