Re: Passing parameters to a telnet session?

On Monday 04 August 2003 19:48, Marc Shapiro wrote:
> I have set up a user on one box that does not require a password to log
> in.

That's not a Good Thing (TM) unless you're in a very trusted environment, and
even there I would not consider it unless absolutely unavoidable.

> I want to be able to pass a parameter of some kind, or set an
> environment variable that I can test in .bash_profile and determine the
> specific action to be taken depending on its value.  Is this possible,
> or am I barking up the wrong tree?

I'd recommend you use ssh with public key authentication for that. It's
probably better suited for what you need by allowing remote command
execution.

--
Got Backup?