New to list

Hi all!

I am resending this message because I forgot to change the topic on the last
one.  Most lists want a hello message, so here it is:

I am newbie to Linux, and decide to throw my lot in with Debian.  I always
learned by asking questions, so I hope you won't mind newbie questions here.
Otherwise let me know if there is any other list I should go to.

Any pointers, web sites, books etc. will be appreciated.  I already have
Debian GNU/Linux 2.1 Unleashed, and a couple of machines someone installed
for me that I am putzing with.

Cheers!
Anil Gupte