Re: Challenge-response mail filters considered harmful (by spammers)

--
      For Linux/Bash users: Eliminate spam with the Mailbox-Sentry-Program.
         See: http://tinyurl.com/inpd  for the scripts and docs.

In my last post on this subject, I made a mistake.

When I send a mail to a business (etc.) the address to which it was sent
is entered into my passlist, but expires after the receipt of one mail
from that address, to allow for auto-responses.

Any further mail from that address would have to have the sig with the
long string in it, or it would be gzipped up in my quarantine directory
for 3 days and an auto-response sent out to it. (this has never happened).

Cheerio,

Alan