Re: restarting wget?

On Sunday 03 August 2003 11:39, Michael D. Crawford wrote:
> If wget fails partway through recursively downloading a big website, is
> there some way to start it over again, to have it download the rest of
> the site without downloading everything a second time?

Perhaps the -m (--mirror) option can help you.
From man wget:
--mirror
 Turn on options suitable for mirroring.  This option turns on recursion
 and time-stamping, sets infinite recursion depth and keeps FTP directory
 listings.  It is currently equivalent to -r -N -l inf -nr.

The part relevant to you should be the '-N -nr'. Haven't tried it, though..

HTH,
  Johannes

--
"More than machinery we need humanity" -- Charlie Chaplin, The Great
Dictator