restarting wget?

If wget fails partway through recursively downloading a big website, is there some way to start it over again, to have it download the rest of the site without downloading everything a second time?

What I envision is for wget to see that I already have some HTML files in its download directory, and to follow the links in them, rather than fetching the files from the website. Only if it comes across a file that has not already been downloaded would it get the file from the web.

I've experimented with lots of wget's command line options, and it seems to me like it ought to be able to do this, but I haven't been able to get it to work.

Alternatively, is there another recursive website downloader that can do what I want? I just want something I can restart in the event of failure.

Thanks,

Mike
--
Michael D. Crawford
http://www.goingware.com

    "I give you this one rule of conduct. Do what you will, but speak
     out always. Be shunned, be hated, be ridiculed, be scared,
     be in doubt, but don't be gagged."
     -- John J. Chapman, "Make a Bonfire of Your Reputations"
        http://www.goingware.com/reputation/