using both mutt with netscape mail

hello

this is not so much a debian problem as it is a general mail config one. i still hope someone can tell me what's going on.

i alternatively use mutt/netscape mail from work and home to access mail. my mail file is in /var/mail/<user>. according to the default mutt config., there is a $HOME/mbox, into which mutt used to keep asking whether it should move the email to. there was an option i found somewhere in mutt config which makes it stop asking this question so my mail remains in /var/mail/<user>. however, when i access mail from netscape-mail at home, all my emails in /var/mail/<user> are moved into $HOME/mbox. so my $HOME gets crowded. how can i stop this from happening?

thanks

-praveen