Re: pointing device on thinkpad

On Thursday 31 July 2003 14:22, Antony Gelberg wrote:
> > > On Thursday 31 Jul 2003 12:23, Richard Lyons wrote:
> >
> > Thanks for trying to help.  Just for the record, that did not
> > work. The thinkpad pointing device works fine in X set up as
> > psaux+PS/2. /dev/gpmdata kills it completely.  In neither case
> > will it work outside of X.  Hey-ho, so it goes.
>
> Not that it really solves the issue, but how about not using the
> console - just use xterms?

To be honest, that is what I usually do.  But I always set up text
login, and when I log on as root, I try to stay that way.  Also when
I am configuring anything X or WM, I usually play safe and log out of
X.  And when something goes wrong and I cannot start a WM, then I
don't want the added inconvenience of no mouse.  Perhaps I've been
spoilt by RH...

--
richard