Re: Linux firewall vs Windows and Hardware based firewalls

On Thu, 2003-07-31 at 04:49, Paul Johnson wrote:

> On Thu, Jul 31, 2003 at 01:57:00AM -0500, Ron Johnson wrote:
> > Vs. Windows:
> > - stability: you can make a Win2k box as stable as a "Unix" box
> >   only by adding lots more RAM.
>
> And even then, no gaurantees that the box will be reliable for very
> long if it has any users at the console or any activity from the
> network.

Not true.

My neighbor is a network administrator for a *large* Windows site
(10,000+ PCs), and he told me that the mail and firewall servers
had bad stability problems until he stuffed them full of RAM.

Of course, he and his colleagues can easily restrict physical
access to the servers...

| Ron Johnson, Jr.        Home: ron.l.johnson@cox.net             |
| Jefferson, LA  USA                                              |
| "I'm not a vegetarian because I love animals, I'm a vegetarian  |
|  because I hate vegetables!"                                    |
|    unknown                                                      |