Re: arts Server Problem - only running as root

i usually do this after on a freshly installed debian :

$ for group in audio floppy cdrom; do
	sudo addgroup $USER $group
  done

(you don't need sudo, just run as root and change
$USER to the user you want to modify).

other groups, such as adm and src, can be useful to the administrator
(the user who has root access).

you can check what device belong to thisgroup with
$ find /dev -group thisgroup

piem.