Re: cd burning

Sebastiaan (<S.Breedveld@EWI.TUDelft.NL>) wrote:

>>  It has been a struggle, but "Woody" is installed using the bf24
>> But I'm hitting a wall with the cd burning.
>> I get to the part in the Howto where you test for the modules:
>>
>> ide-cd
>> ide-scsi
>> loop
>> scsi_mod
>> sr_mod
>> iso9660
>>
>> and my good computer says they are nowhere to be found.

How did you search for them? If the Kernel is installed correctly, the
ide-scsi and loop module should be somewhere in
/lib/modules/2.4.18-bf2.4. Try "modprobe ide-scsi" to see if it can be
loaded.

> perhaps they are already compiled into the kernel. If you have a SCSI
> burner, you could start burning right away. IDE drives still need SCSI
> emulation as far as I know. You can do this by adding 'hdc=scsi' to
> the kernel boot parameters (with hdc being your burner of course) or
> with lilo:
> image=/boot/vmlinuz
>         label=Linux
>         read-only
>         append="hdc=scsi"
>
> Then run 'cdrecord -scanbus' as root to see if your burner is listed.
> If so, you can start burning.

The bf2.4 Kernel has the ide-cd, scsi-mod and sr_mod drivers built in.
The ide-scsi and loop drivers are built as modules. And the iso9660
file system driver seems to be called isofs (and also to be built into
the kernel). "modprobe ide-scsi" works fine for me with that kernel.

best regards
        Andreas Janssen

--
Andreas Janssen