Kernel 2.6.0-test2,Nvidia and The story of the missing X :)

Hi there,

I have a NVidia GeForce2 MX 400 card and I'm trying to use kernel 2.6.0-test2
with it. The kernel compiles fine but I don't have X. I tried recompiling the
driver I was using with kernel 2.4.18 but I get the message that the kernel
doesn't support 2.6.x and newer kernels. I downloaded the latest driver but
have similar issues with that.

I'd appreciate if someone could guide me as to if there's a way i can use this
card with kernel 2.6.0-test2.

Barring this,I'd settle for any other driver which I could use. I just wanna
test the kernel 2.6.0-test2 and need X. I think before I used the Nvidia
driver,X used the nv driver and that worked fine (minus a few goodies the
nvidia driver supports which i'm willing to live without to test this
kernel),however just putting in the nv driver instead of nvidia in
XF86Config-4 doesn't work. I would appreciate if someone could tell me what
other modules,etc I'd need to have that working?

Also, I have mouse support built-in to the kernel, however there isn't a
/dev/psaux created. I also don't have /dev/ttyS0,etc. The files show up in
the listing but trying to cat them doesn't work. I think this has something
to do with me needing to mount devfs or something. If i try fiddling with the
modules and getting the nv driver for X working, the next complaint i get is
for my mouse, it needs device /dev/psaux.

I'd really appreciate any help that could be provided for the above. Thank you
in advance for everything.

Bye for now