Re: new-bie problem

On Tue, 2003-07-29 at 14:13, Joydeep Bakshi wrote:
> Hi all,
> I can enter into the interactive mode of Redhat by pressing * key i * at the
> time of booting. but this technique doesn't work in Debian . how to get the
> same thing in Debian ?

I know what you mean, as I do not run redhat anymore on any of my boxes,
I cannot supply the required files, but If you can get you're hands on a
redhat box, the two files that you are interested in are:

/etc/init.d/functions
/etc/init.d/rc.sysinit

You can see what they do and maybe convert them to work with debian, as
they are only bash scripts.

>From what I can remember it calls a function called PROMPT (from
/etc/init.d/functions) , which allows you to say yes or no to start each
service up

Hope That helps

Mark