Re: new-bie problem

Joydeep Bakshi wrote:
Hi all,
I can enter into the interactive mode of Redhat by pressing * key i * at the time of booting. but this technique doesn't work in Debian . how to get the same thing in Debian ?

Please let me know.

thanks in advanced.

AFAIK, the interactive mode prompts you for every service that RH starts on startup with a "yes/no/default" (or something like that, I don't remember exactly). I think what he is looking for is selective services that he wants to start and others that he doesn't.

I'll leave this to the other, smarter members of the list to explain how to edit the runlevels and such (I haven't done so in a long time!).
--
Harshwardhan Nagaonkar
Electrical Engineering Sysop