clueless autoresponders (was: Kicking users)

Colin Watson wrote:
> Aaron wrote:
> > I got a message from the Trend SMEX Content Filter that said the
> > message had been archived due to "sensitive content," but it hadn't
>
> That "content filter" is run on the way to one of the recipients of this
> list, not on the way into the list itself.

Yes.  I got that message too because of my quoted reply.  I checked
the offending mail server and it was an exchange server, surprise,
surprise.  I sent a nice and polite message to the postmaster at that
site explaining why autoresponding is a bad thing.  Maybe if enough
people do that they will get a clue and turn the autoresponder off.

Bob