Re: new-bie problem

On Tue, Jul 29, 2003 at 06:43:57PM +0530, Joydeep Bakshi wrote:
> Hi all,
> I can enter into the interactive mode of Redhat by pressing * key i * at the
> time of booting. but this technique doesn't work in Debian . how to get the
> same thing in Debian ?
what are you meaning by "interactive mode"? i haven't used rh recently
so dont know. If you want to specify a kernel parameter change the kernel
line in grub or do something in /etc/lilo.conf if you are using lilo.

do you just want to get a console rather than booting into X?
ctrl-alt-fx if so..

i cant think of any more ideas for "intereactive mode".

--
hugh