Re: Opening account in gnucash

Aaron Maxwell <amax@redsymbol.com> writes:

> I'm running Gnucash version 1.8.4.  My system is sarge, except Gnucash
> and its dependencies are from sid.  I have three accounts: 'Checking',
> 'Imbalance-USD', and 'Opening Balances'.  I am able to open the last
> two just fine, but can't open the checking account.  I click the 'Open'
> button when the account is selected, and Gnucash does not respond in
> any apparent way.  (i.e., no error message - just silently fails).
> (This happens with sarge's version of gnucash too.)

Huh, that's exciting.  It sounds like you have a fairly small amount
of state; gnucash's data files are (possibly gzipped) XML, so you can
open them up in your favorite text editor and check that they are in
fact correct.

> Incidentally, this issue is present in one of the distributed
> examples: /usr/share/doc/gnucash/examples/taxreport.xac.gz

This sounds like an excellent case for submitting a bug report.  See
http://bugs.debian.org/, and install the 'reportbug' package.

	-- Abra Mitchell