Re: Can't Keep Kernel Log Messages From Console

On Mon, Jul 28, 2003 at 08:31:39PM -0700, Alan Connor wrote:
> Colin Watson wrote:
> > How have you managed to break mutt to the point where it doesn't
> > understand attachments? I'm awed; mutt is an excellent MIME client.
> > Maybe chapter 5 of the mutt manual would be helpful?
>
> And pray tell just what are attachments  doing on Usenet?

Since when was this Usenet? (Hint: Usenet == big-8 newsgroup
hierarchies, netnews == newsgroups in general. Usenet most certainly
isn't whatever random gateway you're reading this through.)

> So the question should be: "Since when does *slrn*  deal with attachments?"
> Which doesn't make a lot of sense.

If you're doing something weird then you should expect to have to cope
with weirdness yourself; please start by not breaking every thread you
respond to.

> It seems to me that others should do the same.
>

> Not-to-mention that sending attachments is verboten on every mailing list that
> I have ever subscribed to, as are HTML mails.
>

> Henceforth I will simply killfile anyone on the list who does either.

Bye-bye. Attachments are not remotely in the same league as HTML mails.

Cheers,