Re: Can't Keep Kernel Log Messages From Console

> From andrew@arobeia.co.uk Mon Jul 28 23:47:50 2003
>

> Alan Connor wrote:
> >>From cjwatson@debian.org Mon Jul 28 20:12:58 2003
> >

> The stupid idiot must have have jumped to the insane conclusion that you
> were reading this with mutt from the irrelevant facts that you were
> complaining that you couldn't read it and that you said you were using mutt.
>
> Imagine!  believing what you told him instead of looking for the "enough
> clues in my posts" to deduce you were talking crap!
>
> I think I'll killfile him too, in case he starts believing what I say.

I didn't say anything about killfiling Colin. Are you troll?

I DO use mutt to post with, and slrn to read the posts off usenet.

Obviously, neither can do anything with what ended up on usenet....

I believe that I am being blamed for someone else's ignorance or selfishness.

THEY were unaware or disdainful of the fact that a LOT of people read ldu from
the usenet. There was a thread on the subject earlier, the latter part of which
made it onto the mailing list. I participated in that thread. In fact, it was
initiated by a fellow kind enough to point out that my posts to the newsfeed
were not making it onto the mailing list, which I did not realize.

PGP, attachments, and HTML have no place on the usenet, and people whose posts
ultimately end up there, or those responsible for the delivery, need to observe
proper netiquette. At least that's my take on the subject, and that of many
others.

I DO wonder what the mailing list posting rules are, and will look into it.

Meanwhile, welcome to my killfile, ya jerk.

Alan

--
       For Linux/Bash users: Eliminate spam from your life
       with the Mailbox-Sentry-Program. See the thread