Re: only get packages that haven't changed in last 5 days

On Mon, 2003-07-28 at 17:48, Dan Jacobson wrote:
> I want to only upgrade packages that haven't changed on sid in the
> last 5 days, but without date information in Packages.gz it isn't
> easy... I suppose one could plaster something together with apt-get
> --print-uris|...|xargs wget --spider ... bleh, on a modem too.

Download Packages.gz today, then again five days from now, write a
script to pull out the filenames of all packages, remove ones you don't
have installed, and then diff the remaining entries. Any time a package
is updated, it has to at least have a minor increment. i.e. a package
may not go from 1.1 to 1.2, but it will have to at least go from 1.1 to
1.1-1, which would be reflected in the package filename.

It would be slightly more "correct" to do this based on the actual
version field of the package entry, but as filenames already have
versions, it's much simpler to do it this way since you can get both the
package name and the package version from the same line in Packages.gz.

--
Alex Malinovich
pgp.net keyservers. Key ID: A6D24837