Can't Keep Kernel Log Messages From Console

I've been trying to stop kernel log messages (generally from iptables)
from going to the console, and thus making the console unusable for login.
I've tried different things, but they just keep popping up.

I have "iptables" lines like:

  iptables -A WATCH -m limit -j LOG --log-level warn --log-prefix ACCEPT-

and those message always appear on the console -- nothing else; just these
messages.  I've attached the "syslog.conf" file for more information.  Any
help is appreciated!  Thanks!

                                          Brian
                                 ( bcwhite@precidia.com )

P.S.  Please CC me when replying; I'm not on the debian-users list right now.

      Relationships go through seasons.  Winter often comes before Spring.
#  /etc/syslog.conf	Configuration file for syslogd.
#
#			For more information see syslog.conf(5)
#			manpage.

#
# First some standard logfiles.  Log by facility.
#

*.*;auth,authpriv,kern.none	-/var/log/syslog
auth,authpriv.*			/var/log/auth.log
cron,daemon.*			-/var/log/daemon.log
kern.*				/var/log/kern.log
lpr.*				-/var/log/lpr.log
user.*				-/var/log/user.log
uucp.*				-/var/log/uucp.log

#
# Logging for the mail system.  Split it up so that
# it is easy to write scripts to parse these files.
#
mail.*				-/var/log/mail.log
#mail.info			-/var/log/mail.info
#mail.warn			-/var/log/mail.warn
#mail.err			/var/log/mail.err

#
# Logging for INN news system
#
news.*				-/var/log/news.log
#news.crit			/var/log/news/news.crit
#news.err			/var/log/news/news.err
#news.notice			-/var/log/news/news.notice

#
# Logging for extra ("local") services
#
local2.*			-/var/log/ppp.log

#
# Some `catch-all' logfiles.
#
*.=debug;\
	auth,authpriv.none;\
	news.none;mail.none	-/var/log/debug
*.=info;*.=notice;*.=warn;\
	auth,authpriv,kern.none;\
	cron,daemon.none;\
	local2.none;\
	local5.none;\
	local7.none;\
	mail,news.none		-/var/log/messages

#
# Emergencies are sent to everybody logged in.
#
*.emerg				*

#
# I like to have messages displayed on the console, but only on a virtual
# console I usually leave idle.
#

daemon;mail.*;\
	news.=crit;news.=err;news.=notice;\
	*.=debug;*.=info;\
	*.=notice;*.=warn	/dev/tty12

# The named pipe /dev/xconsole is for the `xconsole' utility.  To use it,
# you must invoke `xconsole' with the `-file' option:
#
#    $ xconsole -file /dev/xconsole [...]
#
# NOTE: adjust the list below, or you'll go crazy if you have a reasonably
#      busy site..
#