Re: Audacity sound problems

 --- "Brian P.D. Smyth" <bpdsmyth@brick.net> escribió:
> I can play sound files in XMMS, noatun mplayer, etc. but Audacity 1.0.1
> won't let me select /dev/dsp as the playback device. The preference
> dialog gives me an error message "Invalid playback device".
>
> I have seen threads on this problem in the list archives of several
> sites but no one seems to have an answer.
>
> Does anyone know how to fix this problem?

I also receive this error.  I just basically don't mess with it.  I just make
sure of these things:

- use OSS drivers (or enable OSS emulation in ALSA drivers) for your card
- kill esd, aRts or whatever sound server you have running beforehand
- everything else should Just Work (TM)

-Roberto

Yahoo! Messenger - Nueva versión GRATIS
http://messenger.yahoo.es