Re: Sandisk sddr-75 CF/SM usb reader problems

On Mon, Jul 28, 2003 at 00:23 +0200, Florian Ernst wrote:

> > `mount -t vfat /dev/sd[a,b] /mnt/flash/`  gives:
> > mount: /dev/sd[a,b] is not a valid block device
> >
> > [...]
> >
> > I bought the reader because I was having similar problems with my
> > camera. It's an Olympus D-510.  I didn't use it for a while but I
> > had it working fine in linux last year with an earlier 2.4 kernel.
>
> Did you try to mount a specific partition on the cam and the reader
> instead of the whole device, ie. 'mount /dev/sda1 /mnt/flash/'?

Yes, I should have said so. I've tried /dev/sda1, sda2, 3, ... &
/dev/sdb1, 2, ... many, many, times.  :)

> It is reported to work like that without any problems and it does work
> here with a Olympus C-220 (which actually needed a patch, but that's
> a different story)...

I had my camera (olympus D-510) working last year but now I've got
problems as described before with it and the sandisk SDDR-75 reader. :(

Thanks,
Michael