Re: sound configuration in Debian

Hello

Italian Superstar wrote:

> I use a Sound Blaster PCI sound card but my X-Window cannot recognise
> it. It displays a message saying "/dev/dsp cannot be opened. Permission
> denied. Sound output is null". Can someone tell me how to configure my
> sound card on Debian.

This has nothing to do with your X-Window-System. It is a permission
problem. As you were already told in both replies to your last message,
you must add the user to the audio group to have access to the sound
device files (and log out and in again to apply the changes).

best regards
        Andreas Janssen

--
Andreas Janssen