Re: Can't enable DMA

Aaron wrote:
[snip]
I've been having this same problem, but apparently my VIA version
doesn't match 82CXXX, so I'm completely dead in the water for DMA (I
know, VIA is bad). [snip]

And another thing... VIA seem to have made a big effort on Linux support recently - for instance, my mobo uses the KM266 integrated graphics (an S3 ProSavage), and VIA have recently put out a release of open-source driver software for this, based on the existing XFree but with more support, DRI/DRM, etc... This is still being merged into XFree86 and the kernel, but VIA deserve credit for supplying the code.

I don't know if the recent surge in VIA ide support in the kernel that I mentioned in my other post was triggered by help from the vendor or not.

Andrew