wireless howto[s] indepth ???

Yes, I have simple wireless networking working on several laptops.

We have been tasked to analyze several expansive wireless networks for
functional, performance and security issues.  So, we are investigating
how far we can go with debian-based laptops?

Yes, I have done several apt-cache search's, and found several
applications that may serve us well.

What we have not found is any website or howto that compares/contrasts
any of these apps, or goes into detail as to what to do and what not to
do.

What do you think?

--
Best Regards,