Multiple IPs on one NIC

Hello:

I am trying to set up SSL to run on my Apache server with virtual hosts.
The problem is that using SSL with virtual hosts requires you to use
ip-based virtual hosts otherwise it will not work properly with
named-based hosts. So what I am trying to do is set up my Debian machine
to be able to handle more than one IP with only one network card. First,
a little info on my network, I have all my local network configured as
follows:

Default-gateway (router): 192.168.1.1
Netmask: 255.255.255.0
DNS server: 192.168.1.2

No DHCP enabled all hosts receive static IPs. And I have the address
pool of 192.168.1.2 - 192.168.1.254 to choose from.
So my question is how would I configure mynetwork card to handle more
than one IP?
I had seen a post in the list that mention working with the
/etc/network/interfaces file and doing something like:

auto eth0
iface eth0 inet static
	address 192.168.1.8
	netmask 255.255.255.0
	network 192.168.1.0
	broadcast 192.168.1.255
	gateway 192.168.1.1

auto eth0:0
iface eth0:0 inet static
	address 192.168.1.15
	netmask 255.255.255.0
	network 192.168.1.0
	broadcast 192.168.1.255
	gateway 192.168.1.1

Would this work? In order for me to use the 192.168.1.8 and 192.168.1.15
IPs for the one network card?